Fits 2016+ Camaro & 2020+ Corvette All Models
84488348 - Camaro Wheel Lock Kit, Chrome, Set of Four Lock and One Key
Chevrolet Accessory Chrome Wheel Locks help deter and protect your Camaro wheels from would be thieves. This set of four Chrome wheel locks, one for each wheel, is created with a special Puzzle-Design and matching key. These easy to use, one-piece wheel locks function like a regular lug nut, but requires a special key tool for installation and removal. Its design allows for an unlimited number of different computer generated lock and key patterns. The lock utilizes narrow grooves that helps resist the intrusion of lock removal tools into the pattern. Every lock is through-hardened and tempered, reaching the depth of hardness needed for its unsurpassed level of security (unlike case hardening which is only a surface treatment). Precise lug to wheel mating surfaces insures even distribution of the clamp load and uniform seating of the lock to the wheel. Includes 1 key and 4 Chrome Plated locking lug nuts, with 14mm threads, a coarse thread type, tapered seat type, and internal lock design pattern
- Genuine Chevrolet Accessory provides Factory Fit and Finish
- Helps deter and prevent Wheel Theft
- Corrosion Protection - Three layers of nickel and one layer of microporous chrome
- Steel collar design guides the key into the lock pattern and holds it in alignment for easy installation and removal
- Computer generated key design allows for an infinite number of key patterns
- Through-hardened and tempered for maximum security, 135,000 to 160,000 PSI
- Core integrity and precision machining for increased strength
- Precise bearing surfaces for even distribution of the clamp load and uniform seating of the locking lug nut to the wheel
- Remember to keep your locking lug nut key in a secure location and keep a record of the key code. If you lose your key, you may be able to order a replacement using this key code.
- When installing and removing locking lug nuts on your vehicle, the locking lug nut should be the last fastener applied to the wheel and the first one removed.
- Hand tools, not an impact gun, should be used to apply and remove locking lug nuts and other fasteners - use of an impact gun can lead to uneven or overtightened fasteners, which can distort your vehicle’s brake rotors or damage your wheels. It can also damage or remove the finish on your fasteners.
- Each fastener applied should be tightened to the installation torque recommended in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Do not use oil or grease on wheel bolts or nuts - grease can cause wheel nuts to loosen and put your wheel at risk of coming off while in use.
- Wheel lug nuts and locking lug nuts are critical fasteners and should be retorqued after the first 25 miles of driving once they have been applied.
- Corrosion and dirt on wheel components can cause wheel nuts to loosen and put your wheel at risk of coming off while in use. Check your wheel, fasteners, and fastening surfaces for corrosion and debris, and remove rust and dirt as needed.